AUCOIN RECALLED TO WASHINGTON
03/31/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 31, 2009 Capitals Recall Keith Aucoin from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled the American Hockey League's (AHL) leading scorer, forward Keith Aucoin from the Hershey Bears, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Aucoin, 30, is an eighth-year pro who stands 5'9", 180 pounds. The Waltham, Mass., native has played in six games for the Capitals this season and has two assists. He made his Washington debut on Dec. 4 against the New York Islanders. Aucoin, No. 20 with Washington, has played in 59 career NHL games and has five goals and 12 assists. The undrafted Aucoin has played in 69 games for Hershey this year and leads the AHL in points (94) and assists (69), and he recorded a five-point night (2g-3a) against Bridgeport last Saturday. He was named the AHL's player of the month for October and has 527 career AHL points in 504 games. Aucoin joined the Capitals organization as a free agent on July 3, 2008, after spending three years in the Carolina organization.
- Copley Steals Show in Hershey's 2-1 Win at St. John's
- Game Preview: Hershey at St. John's, 2:30 p.m.
- Win Streak Snapped in 4-3 Loss to St. John's
- Game Preview: Bears at IceCaps, 2:30 p.m. ET
- Capitals Recall Forward Paul Carey
- Bears Beat Senators 3-1, Win 10th Straight at Home
- Game Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #22
- Jonas Siegenthaler Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Carey Named CCM/AHL Player of Week