OSALA, AUCOIN RECALLED TO WASHINGTON
03/27/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 27, 2009 Capitals Recall Keith Aucoin, Oskar Osala from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled the American Hockey League's (AHL) leading scorer, forward Keith Aucoin, and forward Oskar Osala from the Hershey Bears, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Aucoin, 30, is an eighth-year pro who stands 5'9", 180 pounds. The Waltham, Mass., native has played in five games for the Capitals this season and has one assist. He made his Washington debut on Dec. 4 against the New York Islanders. Aucoin, No. 20 with Washington, has played in 58 career NHL games and has five goals and 11 assists. The undrafted Aucoin has played in 67 games for Hershey this year and leads the AHL in points (89) and assists (66). He was named the AHL's player of the month for October and has 522 career AHL points in 502 games. Aucoin joined the Capitals organization as a free agent on July 3, 2008, after spending three years in the Carolina organization. Osala, 21, is a first-year pro who made his NHL debut with the Capitals on Dec. 10 against Boston. He has 37 points (23g-14a) in 68 games with Hershey this year and is tied for second in the league in goals scored by a rookie. Osala wears No. 48 in Washington. The 6'4", 225-pound Vassa, Finland, native was the Capitals' fourth-round choice, 97th overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. He spent last season with the Espoo Blues in Finland, recording 18 goals and 17 assists in 53 games on his way to being named the league's Rookie of the Year.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at IceCaps, 2:30 p.m. ET
- Capitals Recall Forward Paul Carey
- Bears Beat Senators 3-1, Win 10th Straight at Home
- Game Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #22
- Jonas Siegenthaler Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Carey Named CCM/AHL Player of Week
- Bears Stun Sound Tigers with 3-1 Win
- Game Preview: Hershey at Bridgeport, 3 p.m.
- Carey's Four Goals Give Bears 6-4 Win