BOURQUE RECALLED TO WASHINGTON
03/21/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 21, 2009 Capitals Recall Chris Bourque from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled left wing Chris Bourque from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Bourque, 23, is a 5'10", 177-pound native of Boston, Mass., who currently ranks third on the Bears with 61 points (18 goals, 43 assists) in 60 games. Bourque has points in seven straight games for Hershey (four goals, seven assists in that time) Bourque has played six games with the Capitals this season, scoring his first career NHL goal on Dec. 30 at Buffalo. He has played 10 career NHL games and wears No. 56 with Washington. Last season he became the 23rd son of a Hall of Fame player to play in the NHL. Bourque, who was the Capitals' second-round choice, 33rd overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, accumulated 28 goals and 35 assists (63 points) in 73 games with Hershey last season. He is in his fourth year with Hershey and was a member of the 2005-06 team that won the Calder Cup under current Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau.
- NewCapitals Recall Graovac
- Bears Fall 2-1 to Springfield Wednesday Night
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Weekly Release #7: Bears Thankful for Winning Weeks
- Hughes Recalled, Geiger Returns to Stingrays
- O'Brien Scores in 4-1 Loss at Providence
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 1:05 p.m.
- Bears Win Again, Top Bruins 4-1 in Providence
- Hockey in Heels Heads Outdoors!
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m.