BOURQUE RECALLED TO WASHINGTON
03/21/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 21, 2009 Capitals Recall Chris Bourque from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled left wing Chris Bourque from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Bourque, 23, is a 5'10", 177-pound native of Boston, Mass., who currently ranks third on the Bears with 61 points (18 goals, 43 assists) in 60 games. Bourque has points in seven straight games for Hershey (four goals, seven assists in that time) Bourque has played six games with the Capitals this season, scoring his first career NHL goal on Dec. 30 at Buffalo. He has played 10 career NHL games and wears No. 56 with Washington. Last season he became the 23rd son of a Hall of Fame player to play in the NHL. Bourque, who was the Capitals' second-round choice, 33rd overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, accumulated 28 goals and 35 assists (63 points) in 73 games with Hershey last season. He is in his fourth year with Hershey and was a member of the 2005-06 team that won the Calder Cup under current Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau.
- NewBears Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to IceHogs
- NewGame Preview: IceHogs at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Win Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3