BOURQUE RECALLED TO WASHINGTON
03/21/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 21, 2009 Capitals Recall Chris Bourque from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled left wing Chris Bourque from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Bourque, 23, is a 5'10", 177-pound native of Boston, Mass., who currently ranks third on the Bears with 61 points (18 goals, 43 assists) in 60 games. Bourque has points in seven straight games for Hershey (four goals, seven assists in that time) Bourque has played six games with the Capitals this season, scoring his first career NHL goal on Dec. 30 at Buffalo. He has played 10 career NHL games and wears No. 56 with Washington. Last season he became the 23rd son of a Hall of Fame player to play in the NHL. Bourque, who was the Capitals' second-round choice, 33rd overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, accumulated 28 goals and 35 assists (63 points) in 73 games with Hershey last season. He is in his fourth year with Hershey and was a member of the 2005-06 team that won the Calder Cup under current Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau.
- NewGame Preview: Toronto at Hershey, 7 p.m.
- NewBears Dominate Hartford with 6-1 Win
- Game Preview: Hershey at Hartford, 7:15 p.m.
- Capitals Recall Barber and Ness from Hershey
- Boyd Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #18
- Boyd Recalled to Capitals, Cannata Returns to Hershey
- Capitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- Bears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.