BEARS IN PORTLAND SATURDAY TO FACE PIRATES
03/20/2009 - HERSHEY continues a New England swing Saturday with a game in Portland against the Pirates at the Cumberland County Civic Center. Face-off is at 7:00 p.m. Friday night, the BEARS did everything but score in a narrow 2-1 loss to the Lowell Devils at Paul Tsongas Arena. HERSHEY fired 44 shots on goal but could only muster a Jay Beagle first period tally against Lowell backstop Jeff Frazee. Olivier Magnon scored the game-winner early in the third period against Michal Neuvirth. The loss, coupled with Bridgeport's win Friday over Worcester, dropped the BEARS into second place, one point back of the Sound Tigers with two games in hand. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton fell in regulation Friday to Philadelphia 2-1 at the Wachovia Spectrum. Portland defeated the BEARS 3-2 back on February 8 at GIANT Center in the only other meeting between the two teams. The Pirates are currently in third place in the Atlantic Division, ten points behind the second place Providence Bruins. Around the East Division Saturday, the Providence Bruins are in Bridgeport to take on the Sound Tigers at 7:00 p.m. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton is in Norfolk Saturday after a long ride from Philadelphia Friday to play the Admirals in Hampton Roads. Face-off at Norfolk Scope is at 7:15 p.m. Binghamton is in Philadelphia for a critical showdown for the fourth spot in the East at 7:05 p.m. The Senators have a seven-point lead over the Phantoms, but Philly holds two games in hand. Saturday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:40 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action. The BEARS return home Wednesday to face the Toronto Marlies at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are still available for the game by calling or visiting the GIANT Center box office at (717) 534-3911.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at Admirals, 8 p.m.
- Lindros, Flyers Alumni to Battle Bears Alumni at Outdoor Classic
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to the Midwest
- Hershey's Don Biggs Named to 2018 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Bears Rally Late, Fall 4-3 to Phantoms in Shootout
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Senators Spoil Hershey's Home Opener with 5-2 Win
- Home Opener Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Recalled by Capitals
- Bears Weekly Release #1: 2017-18 Season Is Here