BEARS BEDEVILED IN LOWELL 2-1
03/20/2009 - BEARS BEGIN NEW ENGLAND WEEKEND WITH TIGHT 2-1 LOSS By: John Walton Even with the majority of the offensive chances Friday night, the BEARS dropped a 2-1 decision in regulation Friday in Lowell against the Devils at Tsongas Arena. The BEARS would score first Friday night when Jay Beagle roofed a shot past Lowell goaltender Jeff Frazee at 13:59 of the first period. The Devils then countered with Brad Mills scoring off a rebound at 17:20 against Michal Neuvirth. HERSHEY fired 13 shots on goal in the first to Lowell's 10, and the game was tied at one. Neither team would score in the second period, although the BEARS enjoyed 14-5 shot advantage in the frame. In the third, despite numerous offensive chances, the Devils would find the game-winner. Olivier Magnon scored from the top of the right circle at 3:53 of the third, and neither team would score the rest of the night. Despite 44 shots on goal, the Chocolate and White dropped a 2-1 decision in regulation. Neuvirth lost his fourth game in regulation against four wins. Notes: HERSHEY'S weekend continues with a road game in Portland Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. and an afternoon game Sunday in Manchester at 4:00 p.m. The BEARS return home Wednesday to face the Toronto Marlies Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. The game against the Marlies represents HERSHEY'S last regular season game of 2008-09 against a non-East Division opponent. Bears Radio Network Three Stars of the Game 1. Jeff Frazee (Lowell goaltender made 43 saves on 44 shots) 2. Olivier Magnon (Scored game winner in 3rd) 3. Jay Beagle (Only goal for visitors Friday)
- Monardo, Milner Lead Rays to Kelly Cup Finals
- Familiar Faces Lead Stingrays Into Game 7
- 2016-17 Season Wrap-up Release
- Bears Season Ends with Game 7 Loss
- Game 7 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bruins Top Bears 4-2 to Force Decisive Game 7
- Game 6 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Gives Hershey 3-2 Series Lead with Game 5 Win
- Game 5 Preview: Bears at Bruins, 3:05 p.m.
- Bruins Even Series with 2-1 Win in Game 4