LAING RECALLED, AUCOIN ASSIGNED TO HERSHEY
03/19/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 19, 2009 Capitals Recall Quintin Laing from Hershey, Assign Keith Aucoin ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled left wing Quintin Laing from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL) and assigned center Keith Aucoin to Hershey, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Laing, 29, is a 6'2", 198-pound native of Rosetown, Saskatchewan, who spent most of last season with the Capitals, appearing in 39 games and recording a goal and five assists. He finished second among Capitals forwards with 52 blocked shots on the season. Laing, who wears No. 53 with Washington, has played 42 career NHL games with the Capitals and Chicago. Laing has played 55 games with Hershey this season, scoring nine goals and adding 16 assists (25 points), with a +12 rating and 21 penalty minutes. Aucoin returns to Hershey where he is leading the AHL in scoring with 86 points (22 goals, 64 assists) in 63 games. He stands third in the league with a +25 rating. Aucoin has played five games with Washington this season, recording an assist in his most recent appearance, Monday at Atlanta.
- NewCapitals Recall Graovac
- Bears Fall 2-1 to Springfield Wednesday Night
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Weekly Release #7: Bears Thankful for Winning Weeks
- Hughes Recalled, Geiger Returns to Stingrays
- O'Brien Scores in 4-1 Loss at Providence
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 1:05 p.m.
- Bears Win Again, Top Bruins 4-1 in Providence
- Hockey in Heels Heads Outdoors!
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m.