LAING RECALLED, AUCOIN ASSIGNED TO HERSHEY
03/19/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 19, 2009 Capitals Recall Quintin Laing from Hershey, Assign Keith Aucoin ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled left wing Quintin Laing from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL) and assigned center Keith Aucoin to Hershey, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Laing, 29, is a 6'2", 198-pound native of Rosetown, Saskatchewan, who spent most of last season with the Capitals, appearing in 39 games and recording a goal and five assists. He finished second among Capitals forwards with 52 blocked shots on the season. Laing, who wears No. 53 with Washington, has played 42 career NHL games with the Capitals and Chicago. Laing has played 55 games with Hershey this season, scoring nine goals and adding 16 assists (25 points), with a +12 rating and 21 penalty minutes. Aucoin returns to Hershey where he is leading the AHL in scoring with 86 points (22 goals, 64 assists) in 63 games. He stands third in the league with a +25 rating. Aucoin has played five games with Washington this season, recording an assist in his most recent appearance, Monday at Atlanta.
- Copley Steals Show in Hershey's 2-1 Win at St. John's
- Game Preview: Hershey at St. John's, 2:30 p.m.
- Win Streak Snapped in 4-3 Loss to St. John's
- Game Preview: Bears at IceCaps, 2:30 p.m. ET
- Capitals Recall Forward Paul Carey
- Bears Beat Senators 3-1, Win 10th Straight at Home
- Game Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #22
- Jonas Siegenthaler Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Carey Named CCM/AHL Player of Week