AUCOIN RECALLED TO WASHINGTON
03/14/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 14, 2009 Capitals Recall Keith Aucoin from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled the American Hockey League's (AHL) leading scorer, forward Keith Aucoin from the Hershey Bears, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Aucoin, 30, is an eighth-year pro who stands 5'9", 180 pounds. The Waltham, Mass., native has played in three games for the Capitals this season, making his Washington debut on Dec. 4 against the New York Islanders. He has played in 56 career NHL games, recording five goals and 10 assists. The undrafted Aucoin leads the AHL in points (86) and assists (64) through 63 games and is third in the league with a +25 rating. Aucoin was also named the AHL's player of the month for October. He has 519 career AHL points in 498 games. Aucoin, No. 20 with Washington, joined the Capitals organization as a free agent on July 3, 2008, after spending three years in the Carolina organization.
- NewGame Preview: Toronto at Hershey, 7 p.m.
- NewBears Dominate Hartford with 6-1 Win
- Game Preview: Hershey at Hartford, 7:15 p.m.
- Capitals Recall Barber and Ness from Hershey
- Boyd Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #18
- Boyd Recalled to Capitals, Cannata Returns to Hershey
- Capitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- Bears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.