SLOAN ASSIGNED TO HERSHEY
03/09/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 9, 2009 Capitals Assign Tyler Sloan to Hershey ARLINGTON, Va., – The Washington Capitals have assigned defenseman Tyler Sloan to the American Hockey League's (AHL) Hershey Bears, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Sloan, 27, has played in 26 NHL games this season, recording one goal, four assists and 14 penalty minutes. He made his NHL debut on Oct. 21 in his hometown of Calgary and scored his first NHL goal on Oct. 25 at Dallas. The seventh-year pro is in his third season with Hershey. He has skated in 33 games with the Bears this season and has two goals and nine assists and a +11 rating. Sloan played 124 games with Hershey the past two seasons combined after making his debut with the club during its run to the Calder Cup championship in the 2006 AHL playoffs.
- NewHershey Bears to Host 2018 Outdoor Classic
- NewSound Tigers Beat Bears 2-1 on Sunday
- Ness, Barber Re-Assigned to Bears
- Game Preview: Hershey at Bridgeport, 3 p.m.
- O'Brien Gives Hershey 4-3 Win Over Marlies
- Game Preview: Toronto at Hershey, 7 p.m.
- Bears Dominate Hartford with 6-1 Win
- Game Preview: Hershey at Hartford, 7:15 p.m.
- Capitals Recall Barber and Ness from Hershey
- Boyd Re-Assigned to Hershey