HERSHEY JR. BEARS ARE CHAMPIONS!
02/22/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 22, 2009 CONTACT: John Walton – HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 HERSHEY JR. BEARS WIN 2009 QUEBEC CITY INTERNATIONAL PEE-WEE HOCKEY TOURNAMENT SECOND WIN IN MODERN ERA FOR HERSHEY JR. BEARS, WITH A TITLE ALSO ACHIEVED IN 2000, TEAM RETURNS EARLY MONDAY MORNING TO GIANT CENTER HERSHEY – The Hershey Jr. Bears Quebec team has won the 2009 Quebec City International Hockey tournament, claiming the championship today over the Colorado Jr. Avalanche 3-1 at Pepsi Colisee in Quebec City. Often compared to the Little League World Series in the United States, the Quebec International Pee-Wee tournament is in its 50th anniversary season, attracting teams from all over the world. Hockey legends such as Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux and Guy Lafleur played in the tournament as pee-wee players, as have Mark Messier and Brad Park. Nearly 1,000 players who have played in the tourney have gone on to play in the NHL. It's the second title in the modern era of the tournament for the Hershey Jr. Bears Quebec team, who also won the title in 2000 in Quebec City. The Hershey Jr. Bears defeated the Connecticut Wolves 3-1 on Saturday to advance to the championship game. In 2008, the Jr. Bears also advanced to the championship game, only to lose in overtime. The team, coached by HERSHEY BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst, is due back at GIANT Center approximately 4:00 a.m. Monday morning.
- NewBears Pull One Win Away from Calder Cup Finals
- Camper Does it Again as Bears Down Marlies in Overtime
- Bears Smother Marlies, Grab Game One Victory
- Bears, ABC27 Announce Road Broadcast Schedule
- WEEKLY RELEASE & PRACTICE SCHEDULE - WEEK 32
- Bears to Face Marlies in Eastern Conference Finals
- Bears Defeat Penguins in OT, Advance to Conference Finals
- Bears Fall to Penguins, Will Host Game Seven
- Bears Push Penguins to Brink with Big Game Five Win
- Hershey Weekly Release & Schedule - Week 31