ALZNER, BEAGLE ASSIGNED TO HERSHEY
02/17/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – February 17, 2009 Capitals Assign Karl Alzner, Jay Beagle to Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have assigned defenseman Karl Alzner and forward Jay Beagle to the American Hockey League's (AHL) Hershey Bears, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Alzner, 20, has played in 30 NHL games this season, recording one goal and four assists. He recorded his first NHL point Dec. 4 in a 5-2 victory over the New York Islanders and recorded his first NHL goal the next game in a 2-1 victory at Toronto on Dec. 6. The 6'2", 206-pound Burnaby, British Columbia, native has played in 24 games this season with Hershey, recording two goals and eight assists. Beagle, 23, stands 6'3", 207 pounds and returns to Hershey after dressing in two games for the Capitals, including his NHL debut Feb. 11 at the New York Rangers. Beagle has two goals and five assists in 25 AHL games this season.
- Monardo, Milner Lead Rays to Kelly Cup Finals
- Familiar Faces Lead Stingrays Into Game 7
- 2016-17 Season Wrap-up Release
- Bears Season Ends with Game 7 Loss
- Game 7 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bruins Top Bears 4-2 to Force Decisive Game 7
- Game 6 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Gives Hershey 3-2 Series Lead with Game 5 Win
- Game 5 Preview: Bears at Bruins, 3:05 p.m.
- Bruins Even Series with 2-1 Win in Game 4