GIROUX GETS GAME-WINNER AS BEARS WIN AGAIN
01/24/2009 - BEARS EDGE MONARCHS FOR 32ND WIN OF THE SEASON By: John Walton The BEARS got back into the win column Saturday at home against Manchester, winning over the Monarchs 2-1 in regulation. The game was played in front of a sellout crowd of 10,649. Keith Aucoin got the scoring started 5:35 into the first period Saturday night with his 17th goal of the season to lift the BEARS to a 1-0 lead. Into the second period, the Monarchs were able to tie the game with a five-on-three power play goal by rookie Alec Martinez. With the game tied at one midway through the third period, Alexandre Giroux scored his league leading 36th goal of the season at 9:26 to put HERSHEY in front 2-1. The goal would stand up as the game winner as the BEARS win for the 32nd time this season. HERSHEY has the best win total, point total and winning percentage at the AHL All-Star break. Michal Neuvirth made 29 saves in winning for the third time this season at the AHL level. Notes: The BEARS are now off until next Friday night for the AHL All-Star break. HERSHEY will be in Wilkes-Barre Township Friday to face the Penguins before hosting the Norfolk Admirals next Saturday night. BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst, head coach Bob Woods, assistant coach Mark French as well as Keith Aucoin, Chris Bourque, Alexandre Giroux and Bryan Helmer departed immediately after the game by bus for Worcester and the AHL All-Star Classic. Bruce Boudreau, on his way to Worcester to be inducted into the AHL Hall-of-Fame on Monday, attended the game at GIANT Center for the second consecutive night. Washington Capitals VP/GM George McPhee was also in attendance for the game. Bears Radio Network Three Stars of the Game 1. Alexandre Giroux (Game-winning goal, goals in 17 of 18 games) 2. Michal Neuvirth (Third straight solid effort, 29 saves) 3. Jonathan Bernier (Played well in goal for Manchester in defeat)
- NewLindros, Flyers Alumni to Battle Bears Alumni at Outdoor Classic
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to the Midwest
- Hershey's Don Biggs Named to 2018 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Bears Rally Late, Fall 4-3 to Phantoms in Shootout
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Senators Spoil Hershey's Home Opener with 5-2 Win
- Home Opener Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Recalled by Capitals
- Bears Weekly Release #1: 2017-18 Season Is Here
- Bears Fall to Phantoms in Season Opener, 7-2