MACHESNEY RECALLED TO WASHINGTON
01/19/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – January 19, 2009 Capitals Recall Daren Machesney from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled goaltender Daren Machesney from the American Hockey League's (AHL) Hershey Bears, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Machesney, 22, is a third-year pro who stands 6'1", 185 pounds. He has played in 19 games for Hershey this year and has an 11-5-1 record. Machesney was 22-10-2 with a .916 save percentage and 2.55 goals-against average last year in 38 games with Hershey. The Hamilton, Ontario, native was the Capitals' fifth-round choice, 143rd overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. He recently represented Canada at the 2008 Spengler Cup and led his country to the championship game. Machesney split the 2006-07 season between Hershey and the South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL. He was 3-3-1 with the Bears and 5-8-2 with the Stingrays. Machesney, No. 31 in Washington, is available to make his NHL debut today at the New York Islanders. Machesney served as Washington's backup goalie for three games during the 2006-07 season but did not see any action.
- Bears Season Ends with Game 7 Loss
- Game 7 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bruins Top Bears 4-2 to Force Decisive Game 7
- Game 6 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Gives Hershey 3-2 Series Lead with Game 5 Win
- Game 5 Preview: Bears at Bruins, 3:05 p.m.
- Bruins Even Series with 2-1 Win in Game 4
- Paul Carey Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Game 4 Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m.
- Bourque, Copley Lead Bears to OT Win in Game 3