MACHESNEY RECALLED TO WASHINGTON
01/19/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – January 19, 2009 Capitals Recall Daren Machesney from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled goaltender Daren Machesney from the American Hockey League's (AHL) Hershey Bears, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Machesney, 22, is a third-year pro who stands 6'1", 185 pounds. He has played in 19 games for Hershey this year and has an 11-5-1 record. Machesney was 22-10-2 with a .916 save percentage and 2.55 goals-against average last year in 38 games with Hershey. The Hamilton, Ontario, native was the Capitals' fifth-round choice, 143rd overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. He recently represented Canada at the 2008 Spengler Cup and led his country to the championship game. Machesney split the 2006-07 season between Hershey and the South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL. He was 3-3-1 with the Bears and 5-8-2 with the Stingrays. Machesney, No. 31 in Washington, is available to make his NHL debut today at the New York Islanders. Machesney served as Washington's backup goalie for three games during the 2006-07 season but did not see any action.
- Tickets to 2018 Capital Blue Cross Outdoor Classic On Sale Now!
- Pepsi Fan Fest, Alumni Game Added to Outdoor Classic Festivities
- Alex Westlund Named Associate Goaltending Coach
- Capital Blue Cross Named Title Sponsor for 2018 Outdoor Classic
- Season Ticket Holders "Month of Winning" in July
- Broadcaster Blog: Summer So Far
- Hershey Signs Defenseman Paul Geiger to AHL Contract
- Bears Announce 2017 Preseason Schedule
- Bears Re-Sign Defender Hubert Labrie
- Bears Release 2017-18 Schedule