BEARS HOST ALBANY SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE GC
01/10/2009 - Looking for its fifth win in a row, the BEARS take to the ice Saturday against the Albany River Rats at GIANT Center. Face-off is at 7:00 p.m. The game is the fifth of six between the two clubs in 2008-09, with HERSHEY winning the previous four encounters. Five different skaters scored goals for HERSHEY Friday night as the BEARS returned home to defeat the Houston Aeros 5-1. Alexandre Giroux extended his goal scoring streak to eight straight games with his 25th tally of the season, and Andrew Gordon, Oskar Osala, Andrew Joudrey and Francois Bouchard each lit the lamp once in the victory over the Aeros. The win against Houston marked the first time in six tries (regular season and Calder Cup playoffs) that HERSHEY registered a win against the team from Texas. A win Friday for the BEARS coupled with a regulation loss for Bridgeport in Providence has given the team from Chocolatetown a seven point lead over the second place Sound Tigers in the East Division race. The lead is the largest to date that HERSHEY has enjoyed this season. Around the East Division Saturday night, Bridgeport hosts the Hartford Wolf Pack at the Arena at Harbor Yard at 7:00 p.m., while Philadelphia completes a two-game series in Grand Rapids against the Griffins. Rochester is in Binghamton Saturday night, with Wilkes-Barre hosting Syracuse and Norfolk entertains Manchester for the second consecutive night. Saturday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:40 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action from GIANT Center. Tickets are still available for Saturday's game with Albany by calling or visiting the GIANT Center box office at (717) 534-3911.
- NewTickets to 2018 Capital Blue Cross Outdoor Classic On Sale Now!
- Pepsi Fan Fest, Alumni Game Added to Outdoor Classic Festivities
- Alex Westlund Named Associate Goaltending Coach
- Capital Blue Cross Named Title Sponsor for 2018 Outdoor Classic
- Season Ticket Holders "Month of Winning" in July
- Broadcaster Blog: Summer So Far
- Hershey Signs Defenseman Paul Geiger to AHL Contract
- Bears Announce 2017 Preseason Schedule
- Bears Re-Sign Defender Hubert Labrie
- Bears Release 2017-18 Schedule