GIROUX NAMED REEBOK AHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
01/05/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 5, 2009 CONTACT: John Walton – HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 BEARS LEFT WING ALEXANDRE GIROUX NAMED REEBOK AHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK HERSHEY – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today in conjunction with the American Hockey League that left wing Alexandre Giroux has been named the Reebok AHL Player of the Week for the period ending January 4. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. Giroux, 27, scored five goals and assisted on four others in just two games this past week to earn the award. He scored one goal and assisted on three others Saturday in a 6-2 win over the Hartford Wolf Pack at the XL Center, and then scored four goals and recorded five points in a 7-2 win over the Worcester Sharks Sunday. Giroux, who was assigned by the Washington Capitals Saturday afternoon just prior to face-off in Hartford, picked up all nine points in less than 24 hours. In honor of his achievement, Giroux will receive an etched crystal award, which will be presented at an upcoming BEARS home game. Giroux becomes the second HERSHEY skater to be named Reebok AHL Player of the Week this season. Center Keith Aucoin took home the honor for the period ending October 12. Giroux also has climbed all the way into a tie for fifth place with 39 points in 27 games with Hershey in 2008-09, including 26 points on his current 11-game scoring streak. The BEARS conclude a five-game road trip in Norfolk Wednesday before returning home Friday to face the Houston Aeros at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are on sale now for Friday's game at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- Monardo, Milner Lead Rays to Kelly Cup Finals
- Familiar Faces Lead Stingrays Into Game 7 Tonight
- 2016-17 Season Wrap-up Release
- Bears Season Ends with Game 7 Loss
- Game 7 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bruins Top Bears 4-2 to Force Decisive Game 7
- Game 6 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Gives Hershey 3-2 Series Lead with Game 5 Win
- Game 5 Preview: Bears at Bruins, 3:05 p.m.
- Bruins Even Series with 2-1 Win in Game 4