BEARS HOST LAKE ERIE SUNDAY AT GIANT CENTER
12/21/2008 - The BEARS look to go into a five-day holiday break on a winning note Sunday, hosting the Lake Erie Monsters at GIANT Center. Face-off is at 5:00 p.m. Graham Mink set the tone Saturday night with a goal 11 seconds into the game, and the BEARS never looked back in a 4-2 win over the Lowell Devils here at GIANT Center. Kyle Wilson was named the game's number one star, scoring a pair of goals. Andrew Gordon broke into double digits Saturday night with his 10th goal of the season as well. Goaltender Daren Machesney, who will leave the team after today until January 2 to play for Team Canada in the Spengler Cup in Davos, Switzerland, earned his 10th win of the season Saturday. Coupled with Quad City's win over Manitoba in Winnipeg Saturday night, HERSHEY once again has the best win total, point total and winning percentage in the American Hockey League. A BEARS win Saturday over Lowell coupled with Binghamton's win in Bridgeport gives HERSHEY a two-point lead over the Tigers at the dawn of play Sunday. The BEARS took over first place November 26 with a 4-1 win over the Binghamton Senators and have held a share of it ever since. Around the East Division on Sunday, the second place Sound Tigers host the Lowell Devils at the Arena at Harbor Yard at 4:05 p.m. The five other teams trailing HERSHEY and Bridgeport all have the day off. Sunday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 4:40 p.m. John Walton and Ed Coffey have the call of the action. Tickets are still available for Sunday's game at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #23
- Copley Steals Show in Hershey's 2-1 Win at St. John's
- Game Preview: Hershey at St. John's, 2:30 p.m.
- Win Streak Snapped in 4-3 Loss to St. John's
- Game Preview: Bears at IceCaps, 2:30 p.m. ET
- Capitals Recall Forward Paul Carey
- Bears Beat Senators 3-1, Win 10th Straight at Home
- Game Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #22
- Jonas Siegenthaler Re-Assigned to Hershey