BEARS WRAP UP TEXAS SWING SATURDAY IN HOUSTON
12/13/2008 - The BEARS continue a three-game road trip with a game Saturday night in downtown Houston against the Aeros. Face-off is at 8:35 p.m. eastern. HERSHEY watched its franchise record 11-game winning streak come to an end Thursday in San Antonio against the Rampage. San Antonio recorded a 3-0 victory, scoring all three markers in the third period. Goaltender Simeon Varlamov, who was recalled Friday by the Washington Capitals, suffered the setback. It was the second time the BEARS have been shut out this season, with the Hamilton Bulldogs pulling the trick on October 29 at Copps Coliseum. The BEARS received left wing Oskar Osala and defenseman Sean Collins Friday from the Capitals. Their status for Saturday's game is uncertain. HERSHEY has recalled goaltender Bobby Goepfert from South Carolina (ECHL) to take Varlamov's roster spot. Machesney is expected to make the start against the Aeros Saturday at Toyota Center. Around the East Division Saturday, the Binghamton Senators are in Albany to take on the River Rats at 7:00 p.m, while the Portland Pirates are in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton to face the Penguins. Bridgeport is in Norfolk Saturday after suffering a regulation loss at the hands of the Admirals Friday night at Norfolk Scope. Philadelphia, winners of four straight games, is the only idle East Division team Saturday. Saturday's game from Houston can be heard live on the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 8:15 p.m. John Walton has the call from Toyota Center.
- NewBears Unveil Outdoor Classic Jersey Design
- NewBruins Blank Bears, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Weekly Release #10: Bears Look To Bounce Back
- Bears Re-Assign Hampus Gustafsson to South Carolina
- Hockey in Heels Heads Outdoors!
- Bears Fall to Penguins 4-1 Sunday
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Vanecek Shines as Bears Beat Phantoms, 4-2
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.