VARLAMOV RECALLED, OSALA AND COLLINS ASSIGNED
12/12/2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 12, 2008 Capitals Recall Simeon Varlamov from Hershey, Reassign Oskar Osala and Sean Collins ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled goaltender Simeon Varlamov (SIHM-yahn VAR-la-mohv) from the American Hockey League's (AHL) Hershey Bears and reassigned forward Oskar Osala and defenseman Sean Collin to Hershey, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Varlamov, 20, is a first-year pro who stands 6'1", 201 pounds. He has played in 13 games for Hershey this year and has a 10-3-0 record. He is tied for third in the league and is first among rookies in wins and is seventh in the league with a 2.34 goals-against average (GAA). He has one shutout on the year. The Samara, Russia, native was the Capitals' first-round choice, 23rd overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. He played in 44 games for Yaroslavl in the Russian Super League last year, posting three shutouts and a 2.45 GAA. Varlamov, No. 40 with Washington, was selected to Russia's 2008 World Championship team but missed the competition because of an injury.
- NewGame Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- NewBears Top Sound Tigers 5-2 in Home Opener
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #1
- Bears Recall Leach From South Carolina
- Vanecek Strong In Losing Effort as Bears Fall 3-0 In Binghamton
- Tonight's Game Preview: Bears at Senators
- Vrana's Two Goals Not Enough as Bears Fall in Rochester, 5-4
- Tonight's Game Preview: Bears at Americans
- Washington Capitals Extend Affiliation with Hershey Bears
- Hershey Bears' Current Training Camp Roster