VARLAMOV RECALLED, OSALA AND COLLINS ASSIGNED
12/12/2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 12, 2008 Capitals Recall Simeon Varlamov from Hershey, Reassign Oskar Osala and Sean Collins ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled goaltender Simeon Varlamov (SIHM-yahn VAR-la-mohv) from the American Hockey League's (AHL) Hershey Bears and reassigned forward Oskar Osala and defenseman Sean Collin to Hershey, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Varlamov, 20, is a first-year pro who stands 6'1", 201 pounds. He has played in 13 games for Hershey this year and has a 10-3-0 record. He is tied for third in the league and is first among rookies in wins and is seventh in the league with a 2.34 goals-against average (GAA). He has one shutout on the year. The Samara, Russia, native was the Capitals' first-round choice, 23rd overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. He played in 44 games for Yaroslavl in the Russian Super League last year, posting three shutouts and a 2.45 GAA. Varlamov, No. 40 with Washington, was selected to Russia's 2008 World Championship team but missed the competition because of an injury.
- Tickets to 2018 Capital Blue Cross Outdoor Classic On Sale Now!
- Pepsi Fan Fest, Alumni Game Added to Outdoor Classic Festivities
- Alex Westlund Named Associate Goaltending Coach
- Capital Blue Cross Named Title Sponsor for 2018 Outdoor Classic
- Season Ticket Holders "Month of Winning" in July
- Broadcaster Blog: Summer So Far
- Hershey Signs Defenseman Paul Geiger to AHL Contract
- Bears Announce 2017 Preseason Schedule
- Bears Re-Sign Defender Hubert Labrie
- Bears Release 2017-18 Schedule