BEARS CHASING HISTORY SUNDAY AT HOME VS. NORFOLK
12/07/2008 - The BEARS look for a franchise record 11th straight win Sunday as the Norfolk Admirals come to town. Face-off is at 5:00 p.m. HERSHEY made it an even 10 straight wins with a 4-2 win over the Hartford Wolf Pack. Andrew Gordon picked up two assists and Maxime Lacroix recorded his first AHL goal in the triumph over the team from Connecticut. The win was the 19th of the season for the BEARS in 25 games to begin the 2008-09 season. The BEARS found out Sunday that Alexandre Giroux has been recalled to Washington. Giroux becomes the ninth different player to earn a recall to the NHL club. HERSHEY also announced Sunday that defenseman Viktor Dovgan has been recalled from South Carolina (ECHL). Dovgan, should he play on Sunday, would wear number 34. Around the East Division Sunday, Bridgeport is at Lowell to face the Devils at 4:00 p.m., while Philadelphia travels to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton to face the Penguins at 5:05 p.m. Albany rounds out East Division play Sunday with a game in Rochester against the Americans at 6:05 p.m. Sunday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 4:40 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action. Tickets for Sunday's game are available at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- NewGame Preview: Hershey at Hartford, 7:15 p.m.
- Capitals Recall Barber and Ness from Hershey
- Boyd Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #18
- Boyd Recalled to Capitals, Cannata Returns to Hershey
- Capitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- Bears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.
- Vanecek Blanks Bruins, 4-0
- Galiev's Two Goals Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to Bruins