MINK RECALLED TO WASHINGTON TUESDAY
12/02/2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 2, 2008 Capitals Recall Graham Mink from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled forward Graham Mink from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Mink, 29, is an eighth-year pro who stands 6'3", 218 pounds. The Stowe, Vermont, native has played six career NHL games, most recently on Nov. 26 when the Caps beat Atlanta, 5-3, at Verizon Center. Mink fired four shots in 9:56 of ice time in his first NHL game since the 2005-06 season. He is tied for 10th in the AHL in goals (11) and tied for eighth in points (24) through 21 games. Mink, No. 38 with Washington, rejoined the Capitals organization as a free agent on July 2, 2008, after spending two seasons playing for the AHL's Worcester Sharks.
- NewCapitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- NewBears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- NewGame Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.
- Vanecek Blanks Bruins, 4-0
- Galiev's Two Goals Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to Bruins
- Sanford and Vrana Recalled by Washington
- Bears Recall Kelly Zajac from South Carolina
- Capitals Acquire Defenseman Tom Gilbert
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #17
- Cannata Re-Assigned to South Carolina