BEARS IN ALBANY, HELMER RECALLED TO WASHINGTON
11/28/2008 - The BEARS look for the team's seventh win in a row Friday night as HERSHEY battles the Albany River Rats at Times Union Center. Face-off is at 7:00 p.m. in the final road game of November for the Chocolate and White. Following a 4-1 win over the Binghamton Senators Wednesday night, the BEARS learned Friday that defenseman and captain Bryan Helmer had been signed and recalled by the Washington Capitals. Helmer is expected to play in place of Tom Poti at Verizon Center Friday against the Montreal Canadiens. HERSHEY announced Friday the club has signed defenseman Patrick Wellar to a professional tryout contract. Wellar, who played last season with the AHL's Toronto Marlies, had been skating in Reading (ECHL) this season. Wellar will wear #33 and play tonight for the BEARS in Albany. Around the East Division Friday, the Philadelphia Phantoms are at home to face the Springfield Falcons at 7:05 p.m., while the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins are in Norfolk to face the Admirals. Bridgeport, who begins the night one point back of first place Hershey in the division, is home against the Hartford Wolf Pack Friday. Binghamton, who lost to Albany in a shootout Thursday night, is the only idle East Division club Friday. Friday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:40 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action from New York's Capital District. HERSHEY returns home to face the Philadelphia Phantoms Saturday at 7:00 p.m. before Norfolk comes to town for the first time in 2008-09 Sunday at 5:00 p.m. Tickets are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- NewA Look Back at the 80th Anniversary Season
- Donations for Humboldt Rise to Over $11,000
- Season Ends with 3-2 Loss to Penguins
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Bears Beat Sound Tigers 2-1, Raise Over $7,000 for Humboldt
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears to Honor Humboldt Broncos Saturday
- Copley Recalled by Capitals
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Close Out Season This Week
- Tim McGauley Re-Assigned to Stingrays