BEARS HEAD TO PHILLY FRIDAY FOR DATE WITH PHANTOMS
11/14/2008 - The BEARS begin another big East Division weekend Friday, traveling to Philadelphia to face the Phantoms at the Wachovia Spectrum. Face-off is at 7:05 p.m. HERSHEY has come back to earth after a fast start. The club was overtaken this past Sunday by the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, and Bridgeport has now built up a five-point lead over the second place BEARS. Looming just three points back of the Chocolate and White in the East is tonight's opponent. Philadelphia and Binghamton are both three back of Bob Woods and company, with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton just four points back. All three of the aforementioned teams have games in hand on the BEARS as play starts Friday. Six of the seven East Division clubs are in play Friday, with only the first place Sound Tigers idle. Albany plays tonight at Portland against the Pirates at Cumberland County Civic Center, while the Binghamton Senators host the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena. Norfolk is also in action Friday, skating at Manchester against the Monarchs. Friday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, AHLLive.com, Sportsjuice.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:45 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action from Philadelphia. The BEARS host the Phantoms Saturday night at GIANT Center at 7:00 p.m. prior to the Binghamton Senators coming to town Sunday at 5:00 p.m. Tickets are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- Capitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- Bears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.
- Vanecek Blanks Bruins, 4-0
- Galiev's Two Goals Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to Bruins
- Sanford and Vrana Recalled by Washington
- Bears Recall Kelly Zajac from South Carolina
- Capitals Acquire Defenseman Tom Gilbert
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #17
- Cannata Re-Assigned to South Carolina