BATTLE FOR FIRST PLACE SUNDAY IN CONNECTICUT
11/08/2008 - The BEARS wrap up three games in as many days Sunday, taking on the Bridgeport Sound Tigers for the first time this season. Face-off at the Arena at Harbor Yard is 4:00 p.m. It's the first meeting of six between the two clubs in 2008-09, and the fourth game of the current five-game road trip for the Chocolate and White. HERSHEY pulls into Bridgeport after a narrow 4-3 setback at the hands of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Saturday night at Wachovia Arena. The Penguins built up a 4-1 lead before Kyle Wilson scored a pair of goals to bring the BEARS back, but the comeback fell one goal short. Bridgeport gained a share of first place Saturday night in the East Division with a 5-4 overtime win over the Lowell Devils in southern Connecticut. The Sound Tigers have a game in hand on HERSHEY as play starts Sunday, and both teams have 19 points. There are six other games on the AHL docket Sunday, but only other game involving an East Division team. The Philadelphia Phantoms continue a New England road swing in Providence against the Bruins at 4:05 p.m. All other East Division clubs have Sunday off. Sunday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:40 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action from Connecticut. The road trip will conclude Friday in Philadelphia before next weekend's home games with the Phantoms and Binghamton Senators. Saturday's game with Philly begins at 7:00 p.m., with Binghamton in Sunday at 5:00 p.m. Tickets for next weekend's games are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- Bears Season Ends with Game 7 Loss
- Game 7 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bruins Top Bears 4-2 to Force Decisive Game 7
- Game 6 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Gives Hershey 3-2 Series Lead with Game 5 Win
- Game 5 Preview: Bears at Bruins, 3:05 p.m.
- Bruins Even Series with 2-1 Win in Game 4
- Paul Carey Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Game 4 Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m.
- Bourque, Copley Lead Bears to OT Win in Game 3