SLOAN RECALLED TO WASHINGTON
11/08/2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – November 8, 2008 Capitals Recall Tyler Sloan from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va., – The Washington Capitals have recalled defenseman Tyler Sloan from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Sloan, 27, is a seventh-year pro who is in his third season with the Bears. This is his second recall of the season, as he played four games with the Capitals last month. Sloan made his NHL debut on Oct. 21 in his hometown of Calgary, Alberta and scored his first NHL goal on Oct. 25 at Dallas. The 6'4", 203-pound Sloan has played in seven games for Hershey this season, recording four assists and 12 penalty minutes. He saw action in a combined 124 games with Hershey the past two seasons after making his debut with the club during its run to the Calder Cup championship in the 2006 AHL playoffs. Sloan, who wears No. 89 for Washington, signed with the Capitals as a free agent on July 2.
- Monardo, Milner Lead Rays to Kelly Cup Finals
- Familiar Faces Lead Stingrays Into Game 7 Tonight
- 2016-17 Season Wrap-up Release
- Bears Season Ends with Game 7 Loss
- Game 7 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bruins Top Bears 4-2 to Force Decisive Game 7
- Game 6 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Gives Hershey 3-2 Series Lead with Game 5 Win
- Game 5 Preview: Bears at Bruins, 3:05 p.m.
- Bruins Even Series with 2-1 Win in Game 4