SLOAN RECALLED TO WASHINGTON
11/08/2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – November 8, 2008 Capitals Recall Tyler Sloan from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va., – The Washington Capitals have recalled defenseman Tyler Sloan from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Sloan, 27, is a seventh-year pro who is in his third season with the Bears. This is his second recall of the season, as he played four games with the Capitals last month. Sloan made his NHL debut on Oct. 21 in his hometown of Calgary, Alberta and scored his first NHL goal on Oct. 25 at Dallas. The 6'4", 203-pound Sloan has played in seven games for Hershey this season, recording four assists and 12 penalty minutes. He saw action in a combined 124 games with Hershey the past two seasons after making his debut with the club during its run to the Calder Cup championship in the 2006 AHL playoffs. Sloan, who wears No. 89 for Washington, signed with the Capitals as a free agent on July 2.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at Penguins, 3:05 p.m.
- NewBears Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to IceHogs
- Game Preview: IceHogs at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Win Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.