AUCOIN NAMED CCM AHL PLAYER OF THE MONTH
11/03/2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 3, 2008 CONTACT: John Walton – HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 BEARS CENTER KEITH AUCOIN NAMED CCM AHL PLAYER OF THE MONTH FOR OCTOBER LEAGUE'S LEADING SCORER WITH 18 POINTS, AUCOIN WAS ALSO THE REEBOK AHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK FOR THE PERIOD ENDING OCTOBER 12. HERSHEY – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today in conjunction with the American Hockey League that center Keith Aucoin has been named the CCM AHL Player of the Month for October. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. Aucoin, 29, picked up 18 points in October to lead the league in scoring. He started the month by scoring two goals and assisting on five others in three games during the first week of the season, earning him Reebok AHL Player of the Week honors for the period ending October 12. He earned seven more points during the second week of the season, all during his first month in a HERSHEY uniform. A native of Waltham, MA, Aucoin split his 2007-08 season between the Carolina Hurricanes (NHL) and Albany River Rats (AHL), and was signed by the Washington Capitals this past summer. In honor of his achievement, Aucoin will receive an etched crystal award, which will be presented at an upcoming BEARS home game. The BEARS will travel to Albany Friday to face the River Rats at Times Union Center. Face-off is at 7:00 p.m. HERSHEY'S next home game will be Saturday, November 15 when the Philadelphia Phantoms come to GIANT Center. Tickets are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at IceHogs, 5 p.m. ET
- NewBears Beat Grand Rapids 4-2 to Earn First Win
- Game Preview: Bears at Griffins, 7 p.m.
- Bears Fall in Milwaukee, 4-1
- Game Preview: Bears at Admirals, 8 p.m.
- Lindros, Flyers Alumni to Battle Bears Alumni at Outdoor Classic
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to the Midwest
- Hershey's Don Biggs Named to 2018 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Bears Rally Late, Fall 4-3 to Phantoms in Shootout
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.