SLOAN ASSIGNED BY WASHINGTON FRIDAY
10/31/2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – October 31, 2008 Capitals Assign Tyler Sloan to Hershey ARLINGTON, Va., – The Washington Capitals have assigned defenseman Tyler Sloan to the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Sloan, 27, returns to Hershey after being recalled by the Caps on Oct. 20. He saw action in four games for Washington and recorded his first career NHL goal on Oct. 25 at Dallas. The seventh-year pro is in his third season with the Bears. He skated in the first five games this season – all Hershey victories – and has recorded three assists. He played 124 games with Hershey the past two seasons combined after making his debut with the club during its run to the Calder Cup championship in the 2006 AHL playoffs.
- NewO'Brien Named Hershey Bears Man of the Year
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #23
- Copley Steals Show in Hershey's 2-1 Win at St. John's
- Game Preview: Hershey at St. John's, 2:30 p.m.
- Win Streak Snapped in 4-3 Loss to St. John's
- Game Preview: Bears at IceCaps, 2:30 p.m. ET
- Capitals Recall Forward Paul Carey
- Bears Beat Senators 3-1, Win 10th Straight at Home
- Game Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #22