SLOAN ASSIGNED BY WASHINGTON FRIDAY
10/31/2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – October 31, 2008 Capitals Assign Tyler Sloan to Hershey ARLINGTON, Va., – The Washington Capitals have assigned defenseman Tyler Sloan to the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Sloan, 27, returns to Hershey after being recalled by the Caps on Oct. 20. He saw action in four games for Washington and recorded his first career NHL goal on Oct. 25 at Dallas. The seventh-year pro is in his third season with the Bears. He skated in the first five games this season – all Hershey victories – and has recorded three assists. He played 124 games with Hershey the past two seasons combined after making his debut with the club during its run to the Calder Cup championship in the 2006 AHL playoffs.
- NewGame Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Weekly Release #7: Bears Thankful for Winning Weeks
- Hughes Recalled, Geiger Returns to Stingrays
- O'Brien Scores in 4-1 Loss at Providence
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 1:05 p.m.
- Bears Win Again, Top Bruins 4-1 in Providence
- Hockey in Heels Heads Outdoors!
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m.
- Big Third Period Gives Hershey 4-2 Win Over Crunch
- Game Preview: Crunch at Bears, 7 p.m.