SLOAN ASSIGNED BY WASHINGTON FRIDAY
10/31/2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – October 31, 2008 Capitals Assign Tyler Sloan to Hershey ARLINGTON, Va., – The Washington Capitals have assigned defenseman Tyler Sloan to the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Sloan, 27, returns to Hershey after being recalled by the Caps on Oct. 20. He saw action in four games for Washington and recorded his first career NHL goal on Oct. 25 at Dallas. The seventh-year pro is in his third season with the Bears. He skated in the first five games this season – all Hershey victories – and has recorded three assists. He played 124 games with Hershey the past two seasons combined after making his debut with the club during its run to the Calder Cup championship in the 2006 AHL playoffs.
- NewGame Preview: Hershey at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, 7:05 p.m.
- Bears Sign Steve Weinstein to PTO
- Penguins Score Late, Beat Bears 5-3 Wednesday
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #13
- Stephenson Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Senators Score Twice in Third to Top Bears, 4-2
- Bears End Skid, Top Phantoms 6-4
- Stephenson Recalled to Washington
- Bears Fall to Phantoms 6-2 Friday
- Hershey Bears Partner With Epic Web Studios for New Mobile App