FIRST PLACE BEARS BACK IN ACTION SATURDAY
10/25/2008 - After six days off, the BEARS return to action Saturday at GIANT Center. The Binghamton Senators, who have not lost a game in regulation in six tries this season, come to town at 7:00 p.m. The Senators dropped a 4-3 overtime decision Friday at Syracuse against the Crunch, but the standings point gained for the B-Sens vaulted the team into a first place tie with HERSHEY. Both teams have 10 points, one behind the Providence Bruins for the AHL lead. Binghamton, who have missed the Calder Cup Playoffs three straight seasons coming into 2008-09, are looking down on five other East Division teams as play starts Saturday. The BEARS made two roster moves this week. Goaltender Michal Neuvirth was loaned by Washington this week to Trinec in the Czech Republic, and Steve Pinizzotto was assigned to South Carolina (ECHL). Daren Machesney is expected to draw the start Saturday for HERSHEY in net. As action begins Saturday, center Keith Aucoin leads the AHL in scoring with 14 points, and wingers Alexandre Giroux and Graham Mink are tied for the AHL goal scoring lead with six apiece. Elsewhere around the East Division Saturday, the Philadelphia Phantoms are in Albany to face the River Rats at 1:00 p.m. Philly is in last place in the East with a 1-5-0-0 record. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton continues a New England swing with a game in Portland tonight against the Pirates. Bridgeport is in Worcester Saturday, while Norfolk plays game two of a weekend set in Rockford. Saturday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:40 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action. Tickets are available for the game by calling the GIANT Center box office at (717) 534-3911 or in person at the ticket window.
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to the Midwest
- Hershey's Don Biggs Named to 2018 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Bears Rally Late, Fall 4-3 to Phantoms in Shootout
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Senators Spoil Hershey's Home Opener with 5-2 Win
- Home Opener Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Recalled by Capitals
- Bears Weekly Release #1: 2017-18 Season Is Here
- Bears Fall to Phantoms in Season Opener, 7-2
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.