CAPITALS RECALL TYLER SLOAN FROM HERSHEY
10/20/2008 - Capitals Recall Tyler Sloan from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va., – The Washington Capitals have recalled defenseman Tyler Sloan from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Sloan, 27, is a seventh-year pro who is in his third season with the Bears. He skated in the first five games this season – all Hershey victories – and has recorded three assists. He played 124 games with Hershey the past two seasons combined after making his debut with the club during its run to the Calder Cup championship in the 2006 AHL playoffs. A 6'4", 203-pound native of Calgary, Alberta, Sloan has played 362 career games at the AHL and ECHL levels but has yet to make his NHL debut. He will travel with the Capitals to his hometown today and be eligible to make his debut tomorrow night against the Calgary Flames. Sloan would wear No. 89 for the Capitals. Sloan, who signed with the Capitals as a free agent on July 2, was a teammate of Capitals defenseman Shaone Morrisonn with the Kamloops Blazers of the Western Hockey League (WHL), where he played for two seasons.
- NewTickets to 2018 Capital Blue Cross Outdoor Classic On Sale Now!
- Pepsi Fan Fest, Alumni Game Added to Outdoor Classic Festivities
- Alex Westlund Named Associate Goaltending Coach
- Capital Blue Cross Named Title Sponsor for 2018 Outdoor Classic
- Season Ticket Holders "Month of Winning" in July
- Broadcaster Blog: Summer So Far
- Hershey Signs Defenseman Paul Geiger to AHL Contract
- Bears Announce 2017 Preseason Schedule
- Bears Re-Sign Defender Hubert Labrie
- Bears Release 2017-18 Schedule