CAPITALS RECALL TYLER SLOAN FROM HERSHEY
10/20/2008 - Capitals Recall Tyler Sloan from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va., – The Washington Capitals have recalled defenseman Tyler Sloan from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Sloan, 27, is a seventh-year pro who is in his third season with the Bears. He skated in the first five games this season – all Hershey victories – and has recorded three assists. He played 124 games with Hershey the past two seasons combined after making his debut with the club during its run to the Calder Cup championship in the 2006 AHL playoffs. A 6'4", 203-pound native of Calgary, Alberta, Sloan has played 362 career games at the AHL and ECHL levels but has yet to make his NHL debut. He will travel with the Capitals to his hometown today and be eligible to make his debut tomorrow night against the Calgary Flames. Sloan would wear No. 89 for the Capitals. Sloan, who signed with the Capitals as a free agent on July 2, was a teammate of Capitals defenseman Shaone Morrisonn with the Kamloops Blazers of the Western Hockey League (WHL), where he played for two seasons.
- NewBears Partner with MeiGray for Outdoor Classic Auction
- NewBoyd Re-Assigned to Bears
- Capitals Recall Copley, Carlson Re-Assigned to Bears
- Weekly Release #24: Home-and-Home With Hartford On Tap
- Bears Can't Overcome Penguins in 6-4 Loss
- Game Preview: Hershey at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, 3:05 p.m.
- Walker Leads Bears to 4-2 Win on St. Patrick's Day
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Earn 3-2 Comeback Win Over Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.