71ST HOME OPENER IS SATURDAY NIGHT
10/18/2008 - After beginning the season with four straight road wins, the HERSHEY BEARS return home to GIANT Center for the club's 71st home opener in team history on Saturday. Face-off with the Syracuse Crunch is at 7:00 p.m. For the first time this season, the BEARS trailed going into the third period, but rallied in grand fashion to claim the team's fourth straight win Friday in Philadelphia. Oskar Osala tied the game midway through the third period, and Dean Arsene scored his first goal of the season late to give HERSHEY a 5-4 win at the Spectrum. The BEARS lead the second place Binghamton Senators by three points entering play on Saturday, and also possess the league's best record. It's a battle of the unbeatens Saturday, as Syracuse brings a perfect 3-0-0-0 record to town. It's the first meeting between the BEARS and Crunch November 4, 2006 when HERSHEY won 5-0 over Syracuse at GIANT Center. Syracuse is the AHL affiliate of the Columbus Blue Jackets. Another big night of East Division action awaits, with only the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins idle. The Albany River Rats are in Bridgeport Saturday to take on the Sound Tigers, while Norfolk is north of the border Saturday to take on the Hamilton Bulldogs. The Binghamton Senators, with points in three straight despite a shootout loss to Syracuse Friday, is in Philadelphia to play the Phantoms at 7:05 p.m. Saturday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM and Sportsjuice.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:45 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action from GIANT Center. Tickets are still available for the 71st home opener in club history by calling (717) 534-3911.
- Monardo, Milner Lead Rays to Kelly Cup Finals
- Familiar Faces Lead Stingrays Into Game 7 Tonight
- 2016-17 Season Wrap-up Release
- Bears Season Ends with Game 7 Loss
- Game 7 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bruins Top Bears 4-2 to Force Decisive Game 7
- Game 6 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Gives Hershey 3-2 Series Lead with Game 5 Win
- Game 5 Preview: Bears at Bruins, 3:05 p.m.
- Bruins Even Series with 2-1 Win in Game 4