KEITH AUCOIN NAMED REEBOK AHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
10/14/2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 14, 2008 CONTACT: John Walton – HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 BEARS CENTER KEITH AUCOIN NAMED REEBOK AHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE'S LEADING SCORER DURING WEEK ONE GARNERS THE HONOR AS NEWCOMER PICKS UP SEVEN POINTS IN THREE GAMES HERSHEY – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today in conjunction with the American Hockey League that center Keith Aucoin has been named the Reebok AHL Player of the Week for the period ending October 12. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. Aucoin, 29, scored two goals and assisted on five others in three games last week in win at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and a pair of wins at Norfolk. The Waltham, MA native currently leads the American Hockey League in scoring, and scored his first goal for HERSHEY just 96 seconds into Wednesday's regular season opener at Wachovia Arena. Aucoin split his 2007-08 season between the Carolina Hurricanes (NHL) and Albany River Rats (AHL), and was signed by the Washington Capitals this summer. In honor of his achievement, Aucoin will receive an etched crystal award, which will be presented at an upcoming BEARS home game. The BEARS, unbeaten in three road games to start the 2008-09 season, travel to Philadelphia to face the Phantoms Friday night at 7:05 p.m. HERSHEY'S 71st home opener in team history will be this Saturday night when the Syracuse Crunch come to town at 7:00 p.m. Tickets remain for Saturday's game at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- Outdoor Classic Tickets On Sale Now!
- Pepsi Fan Fest, Alumni Game Added to Outdoor Classic Festivities
- Alex Westlund Named Associate Goaltending Coach
- Capital Blue Cross Named Title Sponsor for 2018 Outdoor Classic
- Season Ticket Holders "Month of Winning" in July
- Broadcaster Blog: Summer So Far
- Hershey Signs Defenseman Paul Geiger to AHL Contract
- Bears Announce 2017 Preseason Schedule
- Bears Re-Sign Defender Hubert Labrie
- Bears Release 2017-18 Schedule