BEARS LOOK TO MAKE IT THREE IN A ROW SATURDAY
10/11/2008 - The BEARS look to continue its winning ways Saturday with the second game of a weekend series with the Norfolk Admirals. Face-off Saturday night is at 7:15 p.m., as HERSHEY looks for win number three of the young season without defeat. Bob Woods and company outshot Norfolk 16-4 in the second period and 38-22 for the game as the BEARS downed the Admirals 5-3. Alexandre Giroux was named the game's number one star, scoring the game-winning goal and assisting on another. Graham Mink scored his league leading fourth goam of the season, and Oskar Osala potted his first AHL goal to open the scoring Friday. Saturday's storyline is the first American Hockey League start for goaltender Simeon Varlamov. The newcomer to North America will play for the first time in a regular season game on Saturday night. Other action around the East Division Friday features the Albany River Rats opening up the 2008-09 season at home against Bridgeport. The Rats are the last team in the division to open its season. Elsewhere, Philadelphia is in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton to take on the Penguins, while Binghamton enjoys a Saturday off. Tonight's game can be heard via Sportsjuice.com. John Walton has the call of the action beginning at 6:55 p.m.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at IceHogs, 5 p.m. ET
- NewBears Beat Grand Rapids 4-2 to Earn First Win
- Game Preview: Bears at Griffins, 7 p.m.
- Bears Fall in Milwaukee, 4-1
- Game Preview: Bears at Admirals, 8 p.m.
- Lindros, Flyers Alumni to Battle Bears Alumni at Outdoor Classic
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to the Midwest
- Hershey's Don Biggs Named to 2018 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Bears Rally Late, Fall 4-3 to Phantoms in Shootout
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.