BEARS AND ADMIRALS SQUARE OFF FRIDAY
10/10/2008 - The BEARS look for two wins in as many games on its season opening, four-game road trip Friday night. HERSHEY and the Norfolk Admirals face-off at 7:15 p.m. at Norfolk Scope in the season opener for the Admirals. HERSHEY'S power play scored five times Wednesday night en route to a 8-4 win over the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Graham Mink and Keith Aucoin had five points each, and Mink was named the game's number one star for scoring three goals. Daren Machesney, who is expected to draw his second consecutive start Friday, earned the win Wednesday night at Wachovia Arena. While Machesney gets the nod Friday, rookie goaltender Simeon Varlamov is expected to make his AHL debut Saturday night in game two of the series. Friday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:55 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action from Norfolk. Please note that Saturday's game will be carried ONLY on 1490-AM and Sportsjuice.com. HERSHEY'S regular season opener is set for Saturday, October 18 when the Syracuse Crunch come to town. Tickets for the game are available at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- NewGame Preview: Hershey at Hartford, 7:15 p.m.
- Capitals Recall Barber and Ness from Hershey
- Boyd Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #18
- Boyd Recalled to Capitals, Cannata Returns to Hershey
- Capitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- Bears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.
- Vanecek Blanks Bruins, 4-0
- Galiev's Two Goals Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to Bruins