Bears head to Wilkes-Barre Township Friday to face the Penguins
10/03/2008 - It's the second game of the preseason for the Hershey Bears Friday night as the team heads to Wilkes-Barre Township to face the Penguins. Face-off is at 7:05 p.m. The game is also the first of three straight contests for the two clubs, with the finale of three coming on Wednesday night, October 8 in the American Hockey League's regular season opener. The BEARS are looking to improve to 2-0 after a 5-4 victory over the Norfolk Admirals Sunday night at GIANT Center. Left wing Michael Dubuc scored two goals to pace the offense Sunday. Dubuc is expected to play Friday for HERSHEY at Wachovia Arena as well. Ben Boudreau, who was cut Thursday and assigned to Flint (IHL), scored the game-tying goal early in the second period and the Chocolate and White never trailed in the contest again. Bob Woods and company received four more players Thursday from the Washington Capitals. Defensemen Tyler Sloan, Sami Lepisto and Grant McNeill, along with goaltender Simeon Varlamov, were all assigned from the parent club. None of the four are expected to play Friday in northeast PA, but could be available for Saturday's home game at GIANT Center. Saturday's game along HERSHEYPARK Drive is the last time the BEARS will play at home this preseason, and also the last time the BEARS will play at home until Saturday, October 18 when the Syracuse Crunch come to town for the regular season home opener. Tonight's game can be heard via www.sportsjuice.com, the new internet home of the HERSHEY BEARS. Air-time is 7:00 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action in his seventh season as voice of the BEARS. All games home and away this season can be heard via www.sportsjuice.com, with the regular season also heard on WQIC-FM (100.1) and WLPA-AM (1490).
- NewGame Preview: Bears at Admirals, 8 p.m.
- Lindros, Flyers Alumni to Battle Bears Alumni at Outdoor Classic
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to the Midwest
- Hershey's Don Biggs Named to 2018 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Bears Rally Late, Fall 4-3 to Phantoms in Shootout
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Senators Spoil Hershey's Home Opener with 5-2 Win
- Home Opener Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Recalled by Capitals
- Bears Weekly Release #1: 2017-18 Season Is Here